matrifunny

Thursday, February 24, 2005

tree hugger in the making

So my wedding wasn't exactly what I'd always dreamed it to be. Which considering I, unlike most girls I know didn't have a "dream" wedding isn't necessarily a bad thing. But the flowers weren't exactly the ones I wanted them to be from M.S. Wedding and the dress didn't look as great on me as I would have liked since I was a bit flabby. So basically my wedding wasn't perfect, it was great, it was more than I needed but it wasn't what someone would call a "perfect" wedding. For example, the minister accidentally gave Jourdan my wedding vows to repeat and had to be corrected. But even though it wasn't perfect it was, for me.

Cause after year or two of therapy I have discovered something Sharon (my therapist) said on the first day to be true. "There is no perfect." Just like there is no enough and there is no Santa (okay the last one was just cruel). But my perfect might not have been Jourdan's perfect and vice versa. So why work so hard for something you'll never have? *shrug*

Cause in the end, I LOVED my wedding. Yeah there are certain things that I'll always think "I could have done..." but it's those lil things that make it mine. I'm not Martha "Prisoner 0094613" Stewart and THANK GOD! So in the end..yeah..my marriage just like my wedding might never be perfect but if it were perfect I don't think I could stand to be in it. (I will not be a woman with a clean house...ever.)

I realize this is quite touchy feely, with the whole Kum-ba-ya bonding, and for that I apologize. It appears that CA has turned this Okie into a hippie. I could start hugging trees AT ANY MOMENT.

2 Comments:

  • Oh no! Somebody bust out the "Tree-B-Gone"! Quick! And when you use "don't use drugs cause you don't want to be a hippie" to discourage your BiL from doing drug.... I don't think you have to worry about turning into one yourself. ;)

    By Blogger JennyUsagi, at 2:22 PM  

  • Are you hugging trees yet?

    How 'bout now?






    Now?











    Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.... now?


    *tigger-grin*

    By Blogger Tora, at 3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home