matrifunny

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Hemmingway Spiral

Some background to that post.

"Hemmingway spiral" refers to the fact that if mrs. jack were to die and leave me behind, I plan to go on a self-destructive long-term bender that would make Ernest Hemingway proud. Or Hunter S. Thompson.

Though I am disapointed in HTS. I expected more from him in terms of suicide. Reading through various obits and rememberances about him, I realize that he felt overwhelmed by his "Raoul Duke" hyper-gonzo persona. But, if you're going to cash out, you might as well make it worth remembering. It doesn't have to be over the top, it could be understated. But at least should be something to make the coroner raise an eyebrow.

Now, don't worry, I'm not planning anything concrete just yet. Mrs. jack and I have many, many years ahead of us. But it's good to know she's okay with the occaisional session of paid sex therapy.

Update (2/24/05):
That's much better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home